- My name, Deva, comes from a combination of my grandmothers’ names… one was Dee and the other was Eva.
- I’m obsessed with music and can name just about any song within the first couple of notes.
- I am a native Floridian.
- My heritage is German-Irish (for the most part). When I was little I used to tell people I was part Native American (or Indian, as a 6 year old would say) and that was the reason I had a large forehead.
- I’m very blonde… my eyelashes would be blonde if it weren’t for mascara.
- I’m legally blind in my left eye and really can’t see crap out of it. It is not correctable and I occasionally wear glasses (at work or when reading or when tired) just to save myself from migraines.
- I have really bad depth perception due to the above mentioned in #6 and have never been adept at sports involving balls of any kind.
- I have to have at least a cup of coffee every day. If not, I would need ibuprofen as backup.
- I’m missing my sesamoid in my left foot. Had that little turkey taken out after it stopped working.
- I love to write. I especially enjoy writing lyrical and rhyming poems… but, I’m pretty private and usually keep them to myself.
- I secretly hope to write a novel or book of some kind one-day.
- I laughed when Wilson fell off the man-made raft in the movie Cast Away. It was a ball people!
- I actually do not like watching movies.
- I’ve broken only one bone, my collarbone when I was 7 due to "roughhousing" with my brother and sister.
- I’m a nurse… I’ve cried with a few of my patients and/ or their families.
- I like to paint and draw… more so draw with pastels…
- I’m convinced that time travel is practical. Seriously… it’s not that farfetched if you understand time and light. (Geeze… don’t get me started). Einstein is my hero.
- When I get super hungry… I become inept, irrational and unable to make decisions… at that point someone just needs to give me a sandwich.
- I have a full-blown phobia of spiders. I have nearly jumped out of a moving car because of a spider.
- I get anxiety going up escalators and over large suspension bridges. Actually, I may just turn around if I have to go over one of those bridges.
- I used to sing in a church choir. I like to sing…
- I never studied for math until calculus.
- I was planning on going to the Airforce Academy after high school…
- I hate raisons and pickles. Raisons are NOT nature’s fruit and pickles are just gross.
- I prefer nerds over jocks. Big jock types are a big turnoff.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
My 25 things about me
25 things about me: